Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Laundry

I'm pretty sure I mentioned at some time, if not in the blog then to some of you personally, that the place we are living in has a washer but no dryer, which results in our having to hang our laundry out to dry.

So yesterday I did a load of laundry, mostly the kids stuff, with one or two of mine and Rob's things thrown in for good measure.  I had the kids sit on Angus' bed and watch as I hung the laundry out to dry.  I assumed this was a good idea as it worked the day before with the towels.  Granted there were only about 6 or 8 of those and there was much more laundry yesterday.

Angus quickly realized that while I was hanging laundry out the window I could neither see what he was doing, nor stop him from doing said things.  This resulted in a tantrum, and when I finally calmed down, I put Angus on "The Naughty Chair" which is a chair that faces the corner.  To which Molly directly became jealous because he had a chair and she did not.  So she went to the table in the entry way and pulled one of the chairs into his room to sit next to him.  *sigh*

Well after I finally got everything hung out to dry, things calmed down for a bit.  When Rob returned from work we took a ride on the metro to the park we visited before, although Angus was sad to see that the jump house was not there this time.  Afterwards we proceeded over to an indoor snack place where Rob had coffee, I had wine (which I knocked over like the spaz I am), and the four of us indulged in some yummy confections.

The evening was fairly uneventful, that is until I decided to retire at 11pm.  I had not yet brought the clothes in as I decided that I'd just get them the next morning.  Or that's what I thought I was going to do, until I realized that not only was it raining, but it was very windy as well.  Rob and I decided we'd just pull everything in and hang it up around the apartment.  So there I was, hanging out of Angus' bedroom windows (there are lines outside both of those windows and one in our room...Rob got to grab the two things from that side) in the pouring rain and whipping wind pulling the rain soaked laundry inside while Angus slept soundly....of course.

Well that's about all I have to post about, sorry it isn't more interesting.

Love to all!!!

2 comments:

  1. AAAAAAAAA-hahahahahahahaha!!

    That totally made my day :)

    Love ya!

    ~Kyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I am glad that you are having some wonderful experiences over there. Keep up the blogging!

    ReplyDelete