Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Thing About France

Okay, so the thing about France is that the people here are crazy ass drivers.  No seriously, they are.

Unlike the UK, in France they drive on the same side of the street as we do in North America.  I'm not sure how it works in other parts of France, but in Marseille, not only do they drive on the streets, but the side walks, and the tram tracks.  It's absolutely insane!!  They also park on the side walks and I don't mean like two tires on the side walk, I mean smack dab in the middle of the side walk so that you actually have to walk around the cars.  In addition to that, when you have a green light to walk, the people making right turns will pull right up to you and hover by your legs until you cross, so don't dawdle.

Now let me tell you about the one thing I really dislike about Marseille.  It's dirty.  What I mean by that is there is trash everywhere, and people don't pick up their dog shit (so basically it's kind of like living at San Montero).  When walking, you have to be very careful of where you step, sometimes the poop is easy to spot (big steaming pile) sometimes it's not, smeared for half a block.  It's rather disgusting, but what are you going to do?

Anyway, I've been meaning to do a post like this for a while, but keep getting distracted.

Now on to my glass of wine while the kids are asleep.

Love to all!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the *le sigh !!!! Keep up the writing. Love it. Anne

    ReplyDelete